Flickr Pro

I just splurged ~SGD40 on a Flickr Pro account.

I have always wanted to upgrade this photo sharing account but have been "psychoing" myself not to waste money on this kind of stuff. However, being a part-time official photographer for USC kind of forces me into upgrading. It's quite taxing for me with like so many people clicking on me asking me for the pictures taken during an event (I experienced it during the recent MAF). I also feel quite bad if I don't distribute the pictures timely. I know how disappointing it can be when a photographer promised to send a picture to me but in the end he/she didn't; well, people are busy and this kind of trivial stuff is easy to forget.

The nice thing about this Flickr account is 2GB of monthly upload limit (freaking large amount ~ 500 6MP high quality JPEG), unlimited photo-sets and the permanent archiving of the quality images uploaded (they don't resize and degrade the files like when I had my free account).

Ok, now that you know my account exists... check it out if you have asked me to take your picture or you know I have taken a picture of you. I will upload higher quality than before pictures so that you can download them off from Flickr and keep or print them. Frankly, I dislike those tiny weeny images that are optimized for web.

So next time, if you find a picture that is 1800x1200 in a photo-set under my Flickr account, it would most probably be optimized for 4R printing. Tell the photo lab "NO CORRECTION" and the print should turn out quite good.

posted byWilliam at 1:44 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment